Thursday, October 9, 2008

Big Bada Boom

Four rounds looks like cake. But the devil is in the details and it's all about maintaining clean form while working as quickly as you are able. Four rounds begins to look like a trip across the North Sea with no land in sight.

Should I pick which exercise was the hardest and which was the rest? I'm afraid I can't. There was no rest and each one was hard. My shoulders were sore and protesting from Monday's one-hundred bench presses. And squatting down for the cleans, jumping up for the boxes and driving back in the rower ensured that my legs were filled with molten lava during this WOD. Once again I had to go to the "place" in my head when it gets tough. It's not a place of smiles and rainbows. This place is full of Vikings in battered horned helmets landing their longship on a conquered shore. This rower breathes fire.

Workout of the Day

4 Rounds for time:
15 - DB hanging cleans 35x2/25x2db
25 - Box jumps
500m row

19 minutes, 31 seconds

My fellow trainees did wonderfully and the extra speakers in the Langley box really kicks it into high gear. I'm diggin' the satellite radio.

No comments: